Thursday, June 08, 2006

Maddox's Book Is Officially Out. I'm a Flat-Out Groupie.


If you take a gander to the right side of this page, you will see a link for Maddox.

Maddox is quite the funny little bugger - one who used to write for our magazine (R.I.P.). Wait, wait, wait. I should retract that statement: Maddox used to let us reprint his work for our magazine.

Well, as it turns out, he just released a new book and will be in NYC (Border's at 100 Broadway, 1:00) for a signing on June 23rd.

If you live in NYC I highly recommend you attend. And if you do plan to attend, email me and I'll send you an issue of our magazine to get autographed (although I imagine he'd rather autograph your purchased copy of his book - hint, hint).

You can find more signing locations in the "Tour" area of his new website.

It is there that you will also find these Rules of Conduct:

This book isn't an ordinary book, and I am not an ordinary author. As such, extraordinary rules of conduct must be observed when you meet me.

1. Do not make direct eye contact with me.
2. You must adhere to the following procedure when shaking my hand:

i. Stand directly in front of me with both feet together.
ii. Extend your arm in front of you and wait for me to engage if I choose to do so.
iii. If I grant you a hand shake, you may hold my hand, pump once or twice, and then promptly let go. I will then wipe my hand with a moist towelette, and you will bow, step aside and quickly walk away.

3. You must stand at least 3 feet (1 m) apart from me at all times.
4. Do not talk directly to me. If you want to tell me something, write it down and hand it to an assistant.
5. Formal attire is encouraged (suit + tie if possible).

Want the magazine? My email address is available somewhere in my profile.

No comments: