Thursday, February 16, 2006

My friends are funny. Well, that or they don't have lives --> you decide

Background: My friend Dan left his 1980s skateboard at my house. I gave him a warning: "Get it soon or I will kill it." He repeatedly promised (with much passion, mind you) to come get it, yet failed to do so one too many times.

Finally, I gave him an ultimatum (get it, or it dies), followed by a relevant choice: "Death by euthanization or public hanging? You choose." Still, he did not show. So, finally, I gave it to Cesar. Today Cesar sent out this message to our list of friends on email, along with a Craigslist listing for guess what? Dan's skateboard! (Dan's reply and an interested party's reply to follow):
All you skaters,
don't be haters.
hear me now,
take a look and bow.
i only take cash,
you're not being rash.
40 bucks is all,
so come on ya'll.
check out this link,
of a skateboard, wink wink.
its dan, the man's.

Skateboard - $40
Reply to:
sale-134520044@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-02-16, 6:34PM EST

Check out the picture.
No, my friends, "Skateboarding is not a crime."
Double D did not salvage this one.
It's $40 bucks.
Act now. This won't last long.








this is in or around manhatton

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

cesar wrote:

HERE IS THE FIRST REPLY ON THE SKATEBOARD
YOUR TIME IS RUNNING OUT, DAN

___________
From : PoLo Gan
Sent : Friday, February 17, 2006 12:07 AM
To : sale-134520044@craigslist.org
Subject : Skateboard - $40

what are the dimensions?
and what type of wheels are those?
__________
Dan Drew to Cesar:
I love my baby - please don't let somebody adopt it. I promise I can pick it up Saturday - 4:45. I'll be there, in my skateboarding shoes, ready to ride her all the way home.

-Dan "Skateboarding is not a crime" Drew
__________

You see, now Dan is groveling. I tell ya, boys only want what they can't have.
________

Follow-up: Cesar has decided that the guy who replied is too dumb to take the skateboard. After all, he asked about the wheels. Is there not a huge picture of the wheels? There is, my friends. There is.

Update 2/17:
Cesar wrote:

THERE IS A SECOND INTERESTED PARTY FOR THE SKATEBOARD, DAN.
I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG I CAN HOLD THEM OFF!

From : Maxwell S Dubler
Sent : Friday, February 17, 2006 5:06 AM
To : sale-134520044@craigslist.org
Subject : Skateboard - $40

This still around?
Let me know.
Max