Thursday, February 16, 2006

Jane Mag got back to me. No celebrating yet.

Jane Magazine got back to me regarding the following pitch. Yayy.

I loved this pitch and was actually surprised when I didn't get a response. Now I have. Justice has been served.

That is soooo only half the battle though. I'll keep y'all updated.
________________

Hi GiGi,

Sorry for the delay in responding to this—I missed this email, for some reason. Anyway, go ahead and send me your article.

Thank you,
Esther--
Esther Haynes
Features Editor
Jane magazine


"GiGi" wrote:

Dear Ms. Haynes,

Hello. I am interested in submitting a first person narrative of cheating to you for possible publication. I got your email address from the MediaBistro "How to Pitch" article.

The story I am interested in submitting is a quarky albeit intelligent account of what goes on in the female cheater's mind during the processes of cheating and seeming reformation. The narrative begins as a condensed history of the character's problem (as detailed by several arguments with herself; the opposition created when her conscience enters her reality) and concludes with her ultimately trying to, once and for all, solve her problem, i.e. "kill the beast":

Me: I've made a decision to break the chain this time around. I don't want to cheat. I want to kill the evil beast that resides within but it seems to be overpowering me.

Me: Oh yeah, blame it on something else. It's not you. It's a fire-breathing dragon.

Me: Brilliant, ain't it?

I would love to submit the above described story for your review. Please let me know if you are interested in having me send it over...

------
As a follow-up, Esther dissed me about 5 minutes after receiving the piece. It's a shame too. It was quite an article...