Thursday, November 02, 2006

Little Red Exclamation Points

I'm pretty sure that whatever the subject of your email - however "important" your message is - it does not constitute one of these: !

You see, to me this ! means that a family member died and/or you actually have something of an urgent nature to tell me. On that note, the fact that you're leaving the office early today [you're a slacker] or your office has a new address does not qualify as urgent, and definitely does not necessitate a !

Thank you.

5 comments:

TSL said...

I think it's called an exclamation point, actually...

Gigi said...

Yes, yes. Good point. I should take part in a sleep deprivation study. Yesterday I actually wrote to a client and told him, "You one an award."

Pretty bad.

DCchick said...

HA! I hate getting those emails with the important notice on them! Come on. Is it really that serious that I read that we have a new employee?

BookCannibal9 said...

This comment has nothing to do with your post (though I do think it's funny). It has to do with the fact that I was just reading Gawker and saw your comment about being Half Jewish and Half Mormon! Seriously?! Me fuckin' too! And I thought I was the only one! Gigi, I'm so happy to know that you're out there, I mean, it's comforting to know that someone is carrying around the same cultural/religious baggage as I am. Jew/Mormon hybrid power! Or something like that.

Gigi said...

Ha! I've read your blog and I knew there was some cool shit going on there. Now I know!

Jew/Mormon hybrid power for sure, yo!