Tuesday, November 21, 2006

What's Wrong With This Picture?


Okay, this is not a pop quiz. I've underlined exactly what's wrong with this picture, starting with the fact that I've sunken so low as to order jeans from Abercrombie and finishing with the fact that the "Fedex Next Day" I paid an extra $18.95 for necessitates a possible 2-3 business days. That's right, folks, next day = 2 to 3 business days, lest you become confused by the word "next" which is on all other occasions a synonym for "following."

3 comments:

Nicoel said...

So standard.

I used to rock Abercrombie jeans until they made Canadian only online store as an excuse to jack up the prices using an arbitrary exchange rate.

The funny thing is, regular shipping to Canada only take 2-3 business days. I usually order on Sundays and it gets here by Wednesday morning

riese said...

What's wrong with this picture is that I spent my walk home from the gym debating which would be a worse hit to my wallet/mind/consumerist mindset: 1. not replacing the lovely abercrombie jeans that are a staple of my wardrobe, 2. ordering them online (?) and if so, could i really WAIT for them to be SHIPPED to me?!, 3. goign to the store itself, wherein I would feel totally uncool.

Then I come home...and here you are, feelin' it too.

Gigi said...

Ginger: 2-3 days is standard here too, which was a huge part of my problem!

Marie: We are totally reading one another's feeble little minds!

The reason I order from Abercrombie is because whoever makes those lovely things thinks that I were a size double 0. (On the other hand, I have to take them into the tailor every other week to get patched from the frequent rippage that occurs when I do something crazy such as sit down).

I have to support a store like that.