Thursday, December 21, 2006

Gift Certificates are for Drug Addicts


…or so postulated my mom when I told her I was going to get my grandparents one for Christmas.

“Why can’t you just give them the cash? They’ve worked all their lives and are always giving people money. Wouldn’t it be nice if someone actually gave them money?! Plus, gift certificates are for drug addicts!”

Polite laugh. Waiting for punchline/proof of theory.

“You see, parents think their kids are going to buy drugs so they don’t want to give them cash!”

Okay ma, just because that’s what you (I) did, doesn't mean grandma and grandpa...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Noooo no no.
They didn't have drugs and bad young people back in the old days, that's the times we live in - I remember when Pepsi was a nickel a cubic mile, and Twinkies were 80 ft long, you couldn't finish a whole one, you know what's wrong with young people today, it's that they don't have proper role models, ah that James Dean, he was a saint *dabs at eyes*.....