Thursday, January 26, 2006

More M problems

D wasn't very happy about me having M in for the weekend, so I told him I would ask M to find another place to stay. After all, he has plenty of friends in the city and plenty of money to pay for a hotel should he not have access to friends (which he does because he is coming in to visit about 5 of them!)

Here's how it played out. The following is pretty much a summary of how our entire "relationship" played out. Me being nice. Him being rude.

From: GiGi
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 3:47 PM
To: M
Subject:

Hey M,

So it seems that D is, understandably, a bit uncomfortable with me having you come stay this weekend. You know how I am: I don't really take these things into consideration when making plans. Anyway, I wanted to see if you could possibly stay with another friend this weekend or if you want me to make alternative plans for you? I still want to see you (and I will at the BT party), but I'm not in the business of pissing off the lovers. Well, you might beg to differ on that front. Ha ha.

Let me know your situation and let me know if you want me to help. I have plenty of people you could stay with. Sorry to be so last minute on this one. I didn't realize how this was going to affect him...

gigi


On 1/24/06, R wrote:

This email was in my SPAM folder.

Do not make alternative arrangements for me.
Do not attend the Black Table party.
And you never mentioned you were sleeping with your roommate. I would not have asked to stay with you under those circumstances. I would -- however -- have made arrangements to stay with others. It is now too late for me to do that, which means, once again, your inability to be forthright is costing me money.
Do not come near me this weekend, and I strongly advise you do not use me as a reference for creative or professional endeavors in the future.

On 1/24/06, Gigi wrote:

I'm a bit confused right now. I didn't do anything intentionally vindictive or malicious, nor did I intend to hurt you. I'm not sleeping with my roommate. I'm sleeping with my boyfriend. I thought I mentioned that he would be in town. I didn't fail to be forthright, I just didn't know that D would feel so strongly about the situation. I would have liked to see you and have you over here. Sorry for offering to make alternative arrangements for you. I can see how that would be offensive? Sure, I'll skip the Black Table party too. I'm not that worried about it.

I'm curious as to when I was not "forthright" in the past. If you want to talk to me about something, you should. We've always had a problem with the whole communication thing.

GiGi

[I never received a response from M after this, so I wrote the following back]

On 1/25/06, Gigi wrote:

So, I think you are being a bit harsh about this, yet I'm still bummed. If you would step out of the situation, you would realize that no personal attacks toward you have been made.

At least write back and tell me what's up.

____

Needless to say, I haven't heard from him. He's such a pissy little boy.